We respectfully request that parents remain in the adult reception area.
Studies and our experience have shown that we can establish a
direct and personal relationship with your child when you remain
in the adult reception area.
We are fully aware of the anxieties associated with dentistry and strive to
alleviate them through empathy, patience, and our own unique way of
providing outstanding pediatric care in a child-friendly environment. It is our goal to make each visit to Small Smiles a positive and fun experience
for your child.
What will your child experience during their first
visit to Small Smiles?
- Before we even look in your child's mouth, they will have the chance to play and explore in our toy-filled playroom
- All teeth and soft tissues will be fully examined
- Occlusion, the way our teeth fit together, will be evaluated
- Discussions with you and your child on any habits (thumb-sucking, pacifiers, bottles, etc.)
- Digital x-rays will be taken (as needed) to diagnose cavities, infections, position and location of un-erupted teeth
- Teeth will be cleaned and polished
- Fluoride treatments will be provided (when appropriate)
- Brushing, flossing, and diet will be reviewed and outlined
Once your child's check-up has been completed, you'll be invited into the clinical area for a consultation with Dr. Dave and the hygienist and can address any other concerns you may have.
We value the trust you place in us as part of your child's healthcare team, and appreciate your cooperation in creating a positive, confidence boosting experience for your child!
Dr. Dave and the Small Smiles Staff